The shortlist of nominees for various categories for the 28th edition of the annual CAF Awards.
The event will celebrate the achievements of African footballers during 2019.
There will also be new award categories in recognition of exceptional contributions to African football.
The shortlist of nominees was decided upon by votes from a CAF technical and development committee and a panel of media experts.
The final voting for Women’s Player of the Year and Female Coach of the Year will be done by head coaches, technical directors and captains of senior national teams from CAF member associations.
The Interclubs Player of the Year will be decided upon by the Head Coaches and Captains of the group phase of the current season of CAF Interclubs competitions.
The award winners for each category will be announced during the CAF Awards ceremony.
The ceremony is on Tuesday, January 7, 2020. It is at the Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt.
The full list of nominees are:
CAF Women’s Player of the Year
1. Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga)
2. Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
3. Gabrielle Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moscow)
4. Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
5. Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)
Women’s Coach of the Year
1. Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon)
2. Bruce Mwape (Zambia)
3. Clementine Toure (Côte d’Ivoire)
4. Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
5. Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria)
Women’s National Team of the Year
2. Côte d’Ivoire
4. South Africa